How is operation
ToAK doing cataract operation or how is the replacement lens?
Before the operation
For the operation you should have:
1. medicinal drugs, the constantly applicable patient;
2. all available at the hands of the prior statements about eye operations;
3. the results of medical examinations:
• Clinical blood analysis (validity analysis- 1 MO);
• urinalysis (validity analysis- 1 MO);
• blood sugar (validity analysis- 1 MO);
• blood test for RW, Hbs Ag (expires- 3 MO);
• ECG with decoding (expires- 1 MO);
• chest x-rays (over the past year);
4. conclusion about the absence of contraindications for ocular surgery:
• therapist, dentist, ENT – doctor-;
• endocrinologist for patients with diabetes mellitus.
5. personal hygiene items: slippers, cotton underwear or pajamas;
6. patients with diabetes should also be in possession of:
• blood glucose meter with test strips (possible).
In the absence of any survey results or findings from the therapist wraps the operation.
On the day of surgery you need to continue receiving medication in the presence of concomitant diseases.
Time of operation in advance you will inform our administrator. At the indicated time, you will need to arrive at the clinic "Oko". Arriving in advance is not necessary.
Immediately before the operation you eye zakapany will be developed and supported several types of eye drops (for dilation, protection from infection and pain relief). Next, you will be transported to the operating room.
During the surgery, you will be at a comfortable, soft operating table.
You need to lie still and look up into the microscope. Operation absolutely painless, as applied local analgesia.
The duration of operation is about 15 minutes.
Patients remain in the minds of all the time surgery-this avoids the risks of general anesthesia and promotes rapid recovery after surgery.
Immediately after surgery you will be staying for a short time in the recovery room, where you will observe our specialists.
Note, that thanks to the success of a modern eye surgery improved vision you will notice almost immediately after surgery.
Before discharge, you will be given advice on the care of operirovannym eye and the behavior in the postoperative period.
In addition, You will be told the time and date of the next visit, during which the doctor will inspect, evaluate the condition of your eyes and will measure the sharpness of your vision.
The patient should be on check-up is usually, on 2-nd, 7-th days and one month after surgery.
Also, patient must bury eyedrops, These doctor and observe some simple recommendations within a period of. Your lifestyle will not change significantly.
A patient's vision improve significantly in the first days after surgery, and the final outcome after cataract extraction with the implantation of artificial lens will be achieved through 1 month.
In cases, When you need urgent advice, help (a sudden decrease in vision, eye inflammation), You should immediately contact your doctor!